Monday, January 25, 2010

Post Pic from Being Fat

Sorry, i forgot to do the post-picture…well, here it is in all it’s “glory”…i have to say, on both the before and after i was not sucking it in nor was i pushing it out…i was just standing relaxed (and making a face in the first one :)  I’ll put them side by side for easy comparison…

bANDa

So, this week is only exercise and eat smart – no soda, sugar, etc…i decided that since my name was Jared i might as well go on the “jared diet” :-) which is actually just walking to Subway and getting something small and walking back…it is a mile roundtrip and i got the flatbread with chicken and cheese…honestly, i have never been a huge fan of Subway (except for a brief semester at UNLV when i had the meatball footlong about every meal with the chocolate chip cookies – is it any wonder i look like the before pic above?)…so, after lunch i gotta say i’m comfortable – not stuffed like i usually eat, and that was the goal…hope i can keep it up…it was hard not getting a soda cause i love water, but when i eat out i really HATE the water they serve (tastes gross) and i always forget to bring my own water…i know i could have done better (i got ranch on it – a little, but ranch nonetheless and i got a cranberry apple rasberry drink) but i really really can’t go 100% all out, as i mentioned before, cause i will not – WILL NOT stick with it…i know myself…if i don’t enjoy what i’m doing (exercise, food, etc) i wont do it…

Speaking of exercise, this morning i ran with Sebastian…i was going to get up at 6:45 and i actually set my alarm for that early…well, one look at how dark it was plus the fact that i was up late working on computers meant turning off the alarm and getting up at 7:30 with the kids for our morning scripture reading…i went running after that and Sebastian was in heaven…i, on the other hand, was nervous cause he will stay close to me but doesn’t understand that cars do come at him from the back of us…i like to listen to my iPod while running, so i can’t hear the traffic very well and it all boiled down to me thinking i need to find a more safe place to run…

I’m planning on hitting the gym before going home for dinner and FHE…Tristan has the lesson tonight…i love that girl!

6 comments:

The Fox Den said...

You look great! Nice job!!

Dusty said...

dude... sorry for the pizza today. I really didn't know you were trying this hard. I won't tempt again. In fact... I LOVE Subway... not the walk there... but Subway. Let's agree to meet there tomorrow. :)
Anyway, good job... rock on... being healthy is a very tough commitment. Jane is my inspiration. That girl has sticktoitiveness like NO OTHER! I mean... she's still with me right?? :) Anyway... great job...

jaredean said...

I didn't mind the Pizza since i held myself to 1/2 of what i usually would eat...i just had 2 smaller pieces and walked away...normally i'd have grubbed 4 pieces and taken a 5th to my office to snack on...i don't want to give up on all of the foods i love, just have less of them...i had a salad for dinner and worked out tonight making it 2 days in a row! That's 3 days longer than i've gone in the past :-)

lissette said...

My Love you are just so wonderful-I'm grateful everyday that you are my husband...a little more grateful for the "after" picture than the "before" but still grateful!!!

{jane} said...

you look amazing! good job. i'm very proud of you, i believe in being healthy!!! Dusty is a BIG fan of subway, he can be your lunch buddy indefinitely!

side note, i have NO IDEA how you & lissette do these 10-day cleanses, dusty & i would all but KILL each other! you know it's true.

Tami said...

Wow! Great job!