Saturday, January 23, 2010

QUIT BEING FAT, DAMNIT – Day 10 – The End

So, my beautiful, sexy and amazing love called me yesterday (day 10) at 3:00 and said, “i’m so hungry” – that’s all it took…we both were DREADING the weekend cause it sucks on the cleanse…so, i said, “shall i grab food on the way home?” and she jumped on it!  I’m so bad!  If i’d said, “my love we are so close – we can make it 14 days” she would have been, “yeah, you are right”…she’s done that for me when i’m struggling…but the second she gave me an opening i’m all over it – LET’S EAT!

So, we made it 10 days…we didn’t come down the way you should normally – juice, etc…which i wouldn’t suggest at all, but the food tasted AMAZING…we had Korean – i had Soon Dubu Jjigae which is a soft tofu soup…it is very spicy and they say having some spicy soup is the best way to come down…Lissette had Kimchi jjigae which is Kim Chi soup and this is the most preferred way to come down because one of the things on the list of foods to get your stomach going is Cabbage and Kim Chi is nothing but cabbage…in a spicy soup – ideal for post-cleanse food…

So, we both lost about 10 pounds and are determined to work out and “earn” eating what we want…if we exercise we get to have the things we like (for her, sugar cookies and for me Dr. Pepper)…but, not until we’ve gone a week of working out…next week we need to just eat simple and no In-N-Out, deserts, etc.  Then the week after slowly introduce them back in with our exercise.  I can’t say, “i’m done with sodas” or “i’ll never eat cookie dough again”…food is such a huge part of who i am and who we are as a couple that taking it away and only eating healthy all of the time seems like massive torture to me…in the past i’ve tried to “stop drinking soda” or something like that and i honestly just can’t do it…but, what i can do is drink less and over the years i totally have…when i was younger i would get a Double-Gulp (1/2 a gallon!) at least 2 a day…it was no big deal to drink them all day everywhere i went i’d have one with me…well, i’ve come a LONG way from that…now i’ll hit a bottle or two of mexican coke (the BEST) or a can of Mt. Dew / Dr. Pepper…if i’m home and we have it in the fridge i find myself drinking more (couple of cans a night) but NO WHERE NEAR what i used to drink…i honestly love soda – sorry, that’s my vice – oh and my favorite desert – COOKIE DOUGH!

I’ve done this cleanse off and on for over 10 years and it is hard – make no mistake…but, it does make me feel a lot “cleaner”…one thing i did have this time that i can’t remember having before is i did have a bit of acid-stomach on it…it was pretty much every day, which sucked because i don’t like acid stomach – but also because i didn’t expect it…

3 comments:

kelly said...

Where is your end picture? Now we can get together for dinner. Maybe in the next couple of weekends. Let us know! Good job you guys! I could never do it!

The Fox Den said...

Wahoo!!

jaredean said...

end pic is now up Kelly - enjoy :-)