Monday, January 18, 2010

QUIT BEING FAT, DAMNIT – Days 4 & 5

Well, the hardest part with all of this cleanse is not the first three days (in my mind) but it is the weekend…the weekend SUCKS when it comes to cleansing…the reason?  Well, lets take an inventory of my weekend…i decided to take Saturday off from work, which hasn’t happened in I don’t know how long – so, woke up Saturday morning, walked the dog, played with the family, took a nap, watched the Saints beat the Cardinals, did some chores around the house, walked the dog, washed the dog, watched the Colts beat the Ravens, watched TV with the sexy wife, went to sleep, got up for church, meetings, watched the Cowboys get killed by the Vikings and then dog, kids, Chargers/jets, shows, sleep…

So, that’s it in a nutshell…i know, a lot of football – i’m a baseball guy and will watch my Rockies throughout the year almost daily – but really only watch football a lot during the play-off’s…so, when i watch games i like to munch and drink dr. pepper or Mexican coke…and when i stay home on a Saturday we like to have a great breakfast…plus, Lissette and I love to eat out (main reason we suck at getting ahead of our bills…oh, and why we both are so fat) and so, if i was to take a Saturday off normally, we’d plan somewhere fun to go eat…last weekend we did Red Robin for dinner on Friday night and Cracker Barrel for brunch…so, big difference when you are sitting there sipping your drink all day…at least during the week i can focus on work and not think about it as much – weekend, not like that at all!  It was so hard yesterday that I’ve been thinking of only going 10 days…

My love got a bad headache on Saturday night and took an Advil – i wouldn’t suggest this on the cleanse – she puked it up about 30 minutes later…I had a pretty bad headache last night as i went to sleep, but i think it was from not managing my drinks better…i was pretty weak and you shouldn’t be bad this far into it…

The psychological part of this whole thing sucks…when you think about food, eating, etc…that is what totally kills you…and the weekend, being with my grubbin’ buddy, makes it very hard!

6 comments:

kelly said...

I could NEVER do it Jared! Never!
Good luck!

Whitney said...

Jared! Hello... it's me. Your favorite Whitney ha. Good luck with this cleanse. I'm considering doing it BUT I love food.... damnit!!!

Whitney Calhoun

Whitney said...

Oh yeah... found your blog via facebook. Your doggy got so big!!!

Whit

lissette said...

Yes, this weekend did suck because of the food thing, but you don't know how HAPPY I WAS TO HAVE YOU BY MY SIDE ALL WEEK-END LONG!!!!!! YOU ARE JUST SO MUCH FUN TO BE AROUND I CAN'Y HELP BUT LOVE EVERY SECOND I HAVE WITH YOU!!!!!!

The Fox Den said...

You survived! Sorry that you both had horrible headaches!!

grinNberrett said...

church gives me headaches, so I just dont go.